Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year Traffic

I'm not new to blogging.  I'm usually found over at After Anabelle. Over there I record the journey of our lives since the death of our daughter, Anabelle, in June 2010.  Blogging to me has always been a diary, a space to organise my thoughts, to figure it all out. 

The last three years have been pretty full on for us as a family; with some euphoric highs and heartbreaking lows. In 2009 Jon and I got married, and then found out we were expecting Anabelle. In 2010 our little girl was born sleeping. In 2011 we were pregnant again with our son, Alexander who was born and came home in October. 

2012 currently has no major life plans. I'm hoping for a much more settled year. I want to capture and take notice of the small stuff. 

So this 'Picturing Twenty Twelve' is my new challenge for the new year. An alternative daily diary; alongside After Anabelle this is going to be the more light-hearted side of me and my family.  For 2012 I want to capture and share our moments; the small things, random things, funny things, important or big things. Everything.

Over here I want to (usually) be less wordy and let the pictures do most of the talking!

Today, January 1st we have travelled back from Eastbourne after spending the New Year celebrations with friends. A normally 4(ish) hour journey took a long 7 and a half hours. We left at something past 2:30pm and arrived at our front door a few minutes past 10.00pm.  Two stops for the baby and a two hour traffic jam on the M4 thrown in for good measure. 


Not quite how we expected the first day of the year to pan out. A bit shattered are us all. 


M4 Traffic Jam 

I wonder what tomorrow will bring? 

This is us, 2012. 

No comments:

Post a Comment